Key Features The new L-Com 5500 Combined Density and Sound Velocity Sensor
Minimized costs – a single sensor for measuring 3-component mixtures
The smart combination of process density and sound velocity sensors enables highly sophisticated concentration measurement with one single instrument.
Concentration determination of 3-component mixtures
- Sucrose-inverted sugar-water
With sensor dimensions of 260 mm x 145 mm x 200 mm (L x W x H) the L-Com 5500 can be mounted in the smallest space using various process connections which are common and standard for all industries.
Benefit from in-house concentration formula development for your application, which is then integrated into your instrument.
Highest accuracy – reliable measurement under changing process conditions
The L-Com 5500 sensor combines the outstanding accuracy of the L-Dens 7500 with the signal processing technology of L-Sonic.
L-Com 5500 stands for
- The highest accuracy on the market (5×10-5 g/cm3 for density measurement and 0.1 m/s for sound velocity measurement)
- The highest accuracy measurement of process temperature to avoid process temperature influences
- Hermetically sealed U-tube to withstand the humidity condensations resulting from temperature fluctuations between ambient and process conditions
- Pressure-compensated measurement values due to the optional pressure sensor
- Same process media conditions during the determination of both density and sound velocity due to measurement in one cycle
Unstable process conditions are compensated and changing process and environmental conditions have no impact on the performance of L-Com 5500.
Be flexible – inline, bypass, and tank installation
To provide the utmost flexibility for all types of process installations, different options are available to satisfy your needs:
- inline, bypass, and direct tank installation with pump
- inline and bypass installation without pump
For inline, bypass, and direct tank installations, L-Com 5500 comes in combination with various media pump units (Inline Pump 520, integrated sample pump) to ensure constant media flow through the sensor to guarantee stable measurement values.
For inline and bypass installations standard process adapters, without the need for a media pump, are available.
Save time – hassle-free right from the start
Delivered ready-to-use, L-Com 5500 does not require extensive on-site effort for commissioning or adjustments. L-Com 5500 delivers reliable concentration measurement values right from the beginning, without the need of a start-up phase.
- Concentration formulas integrated
- Pre-adjusted sensors – ready-to-use
- Quick start-up and commissioning on-site
Save money – low operating costs for the whole sensor lifetime
You simply fit the sensor and can rely on concentration measurement at the highest accuracy over the entire working life of the sensor. No additional operating costs for consumables or maintenance have to be calculated, which enables you to keep competitive production costs.
- Robust and corrosion-free stainless steel housing
- No consumables
|Process density||max. 2000 kg/m3|
|Process sound velocity range||800 m/s to 2000 m/s|
|Standard adjustment range||700 kg/m3 to 1200 kg/m3|
|Material of the wetted parts||Hastelloy C-276|
|Accuracy in adjusted range:
Sound Velocity Mesurement
|0.01 kg/m3 (1 x 10-5 g/cm3)
0.05 kg/m3 (5 x 10-5 g/cm3)
0.1 °C0.01 m/s
|Process temperature||-5 °C to 80 °C|
|CIP/SIP temperature and duration||145 °C for max. 30 min.|
|Ambient temperature||-25 °C to 60 °C without HMI
-20 °C to 55 °C with HMI
|Process pressure absolute||50 bar|
|Flow rate||100 L/h to 500 L/h|
|Process connections||Options for integration:
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||260 mm x 145 mm x 200 mm|